Thursday, November 13, 2008

Praising God for Tragedy Averted (2-3-08)

Last night my youngest had an experience no one wants to have.
I was sitting near my computer desk, which is a corner desk,
and next to it is a printer table where I had lit a
fragrance candle earlier in the evening.
She came up to me between the chair and printer table.
Suddenly she says "Ooh hot."
We both look behind her at the candle and
I tell her to be careful and move away from it.
The next thing I know she
darts across the livingroom screaming, "HOT! HOT! HOT!"
I look at her and the back of her shirt is ON FIRE!!!!
I run after her yelling, "STOP!"
I grab ahold of her and just start smackin' her back
to put out the fire. Once it was out I pulled off
the shirt and she was holdin' me so hard I couldn't see
what damage there was right away.
I got her to loosen her grip a bit and looked around
and PRAISE GOD! there was only a slight reddening of the skin,
which I believe was from me smackin' her so hard.
She does have a small thin red line that
was still there this morning.
Last night I put some burn ointment on her, also.
I am just so thankful right now.
With her long hair it could have been so different.
I am so very thankful for God's protection.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Oh Wendy! How scary! I am so thankful God was watching out for your dear little one. Bless her heart, and yours. I'm so glad she's ok.