Friday, July 13, 2007

A True Knight



12ydn spent an afternoon constructing a homemade bow complete with arrows. He carefully chose branches that had fallen off our maple tree, found some yarn and fastened it onto the branch. Then he gathered a few more branches and using a knife made a groove in one end and a point in the other for the arrow.
He called us out to see his masterpiece and showed us that it really did work. He pulled back and let loose and it flew and came down to stick in the ground!
Boys are so cool!!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Hi Wendy! I have really enjoyed sitting here this morning and reading through your blog again. I like the things you've added. Looks like you've really got the hang of it!

Your nephew is such a cutie! I really pray things go well with and for him this year. I know it has to be a bit of an adjustment for everyone, but I really admire you for what you're doing for this young man.

Love ya'!
Christy