Saturday, July 21, 2007

A New Season Dawns

A couple days ago 16ydd obtained her driving permit! I have mixed feelings about this. First I am excited about this new season of her life. It is a definite line between being a child and becoming an adult. I mean, what could be more grown-up than being behind the wheel of a car?! On the flip-side, however, I am a little blue. Let's face it, my first-born is not a small child anymore. She is fast becoming an adult. Flapping her wings faster and faster to fly from her nest and check out the world for herself.

I pray I am preparing her rightly. I pray that her heart hears my heart and in some way realizes how hard this is for me to one day let her go. To let her become who God wants her to be. I pray that I am being a good mother to her now, and I pray that when it's time I will be a good adult friend/mentor to her later.

Congratulations, Amy! Get ready for another great chapter in your wonderful life!!

No comments: