Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Jane Austen Read-A-Thon

This past month, the girls and I read Jane Eyre. I had not read this book before. I was surprised to find that I really liked it. Then we watched the movie, The Jane Austen Book Club. It was a wonderful movie and it served to peak my interest greatly in reading Jane Austen's books, of which I have not read at all!

I posted on the FIAR boards if anyone else wanted to take on this endeaver of reading all 6 of Austen's novels over the next 6 months and I was pleasantly surprised and encouraged to have so many takers! We are having our discussions over at The Homeschool Lounge. The group is called The Book Nook and the discussion is called The Jane Austen Book Club (Emma). We will be in the Lounge Chat at the end of each month for a live, and hopefully lively, discussion.

Our Reading Order for Jane Austen's Books:

March -- Emma
April -- Pride & Prejudice
May -- Mansfield Park
June -- Northanger Abbey
July -- Sense & Sensibility
August -- Persuasion

No comments: