Friday, October 10, 2008

Day 10

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth . . .
delight -- to rejoice, be glad, hail, full of joy, welcome

evil -- wickedness, wrongdoing, unjust, unrighteousness, dishonest, worldly

rejoices -- to rejoice with, shared joy, to experience joy and gladness in a high degree

truth -- truthfulness, corresponding to reality, assure, certainly

sincere -- pure, unmixed, unadulterated

I need to continue to replace the lies with the truth of God's Word:

Lie: I do not have enough faith.

Truth: "I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." (Matthew 17:20)

Lie: My prayers have no real power.

Truth: "I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." (Matthew 18:18)

I am not expressing love when I hold on to the lies. As the Word becomes a part of my everyday thinking my love will be unmixed and able to grow deeply in my heart. My desire is to give my husband the unconditional love he has given me. Today I dare myself to cling to what is good and true.

Lord, in your abounding love, help me.

Scripture to meditate on today:

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good."
Romans 12:9

No comments: