Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day 11

Love always protects . . .
always -- all, every (thing, one), whole, continually, publicly, day after day, forevermore.

protects -- to put up with, stand, endure, cover.

Definition of protect: to cover or shield from danger or injury, to defend, to guard, to preserve in safety. Literally--to cover in front


"Sing about a fruitful vineyard:
I, the Lord, watch over it; I water it continuously.
I guard it day and night so that no one may harm it."
(Isaiah 27:2-3)

"Timothy, (Wendy) guard what has been entrusted to your care."
(1 Timothy 6:20a)


The scriptures in Isaiah and 1 Timothy clearly tells how I should care for those I love and who have been entrusted to my care.

To love another means to stand between them and the threat.
"Greater love has no one than this,
that he lay down his life for his friends."
(John 15:13).

It means to nourish by speaking life to them and wrestling in prayer for them.
"The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life"
(Proverbs 10:11a)

That my words and actions are edifying and wholesome.
"Pleasant words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."
(Proverbs 16:24)


I am not expressing love when I do not protect. Today I dare myself to fill my heart with God's Holy Word so that I will be equipped and ready to express goodness in what I say and do. I will pray daily for my husband to guard him against the fiery darts of the enemy. I will let the love I have in my heart stand between him and the world.

Lord, in your abounding love, help me. Amen.

Scripture to meditate on today:
"The good man brings good things out of the good
stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things
out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of
the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks."
Luke 6:45

No comments: