Monday, October 20, 2008

Day 13

Love always hopes . . .
hopes -- put hope in, expect, an attitude of confidently looking forward to what is good and beneficial.

beneficial -- to bring together; to be helpful; be gained; common good

When I hope it should be of things that will bring us closer together, and ultimately closer to Jesus. Instead of hoping to change others, (which, though the intention is to do good, actually drives a wedge between us).

I will hope in the love of God.
"And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out
his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
Romans 5:5

I will put my hope, my expectations, in God's promises.
"Uphold me according to Your promise, that I may live:
and let me not be put to shame in my hope!"
Psalm 119:116 Amplified

I will be still, increasing my faith, while He works in each of us as He wills.
"But if we hope for what is still unseen by us,
we wait for it with patience and composure."
Romans 8:25 Amplified

I am not expressing love when I let my hope become self-serving. Hope, the kind that comes from sincere love, fills us with joy and peace. I show my love when I hope in the promises of the Lord and share that hope with others. Today I dare myself to do just that--to put my hope in Jesus.

Lord, in your abounding love, help me. Amen.

Scripture to meditate on today:

"May the God of your hope so fill you with all joy and peace
in believing [through the experience of your faith]
that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound
and be overflowing (bubbling over) with hope."
Romans 15:13, Amplified

No comments: