Friday, October 3, 2008

Day 3

Love does not envy . . .
envy -- to experience morally corrupt zealous ill will, to be jealous, eagerly desire, covet, as a negative attitude of lust and desire for another's possessions.

I will admit that I have experienced jealousy toward my husband. He is so at ease everywhere he is and with everyone he's around. Feelings of not being good enough or that people are going to see the things that were done to me or the things I did as a result overwhelm me so much at times I cannot be comfortable around other people. Just thinking about it makes me feel dirty. Darren knows my past and still says he loves me. I tell him he has to love me, we're married. But that's not truth. He doesn't have to love me. I praise God for creating Darren and I am humbled greatly that God chose Darren to be my husband as an example of Christ's love for me -- "this love that surpasses knowledge" (Ephesians 3:19a)

I am not expressing love when I am being jealous. Today I am daring myself to focus on the truth that I am loved. I will rebuke the destructive dialogue in my mind. I will praise God for my husband.

Lord, in your abounding love, help me. Amen.

Scripture to meditate on today:

"A heart at peace gives life to the body,
but envy rots the bones."
Proverbs 14:30

No comments: