Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day 8

Love is not easily angered . . .
easily angered -- to be greatly distressed, irritated

irritate -- annoy

Whatever comes across our feelings irritates; whatever excites anger provokes; whatever raises anger to a high point exasperates.

"Susceptible and nervous people are most easily irritated;
proud people are quickly provoked;
hot and fiery people are soonest exasperated." --Crabb

Geez! For me it's a quick trip from irritated to exasperated. I need to tackle this feeling when it is in its first stage and not give it a foothold to grow into something that causes me to be foolish. When faced with somethng that is irritating me, I need to think of the other characteristics of love to douse it quickly.

I am not expressing love when I am easily angered. Today I dare myself to not sweat the small stuff. To keep in the forefront of my mind that I love my husband and children. To stay focused on showing patience and kindness. To lay at the cross my nervous and anxious feelings.

Lord, in your abounding love, help me. Amen.

Scripture to meditate on today:

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but
a prudent man overlooks an insult."
Proverbs 12:16

No comments: