Thursday, October 2, 2008

Learning How to Love Unconditionally

Day 1

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." -- 1 John 4:18

Lord, in your abounding love, make me perfect in love.

Love is patient . . .
patient -- to exhibit internal and external control in a difficult circumstance, which control could exhibit itself by delaying an action.

I can become easily frustrated. I am guilty of taking that frustration out on others, especially those whom I say I love. I am not expressing love when I am not showing patience. Today I am daring myself to express my love by showing patience.

Scripture to meditate on today:

"Everyone should be quick to listen,
slow to speak and slow to become angry,
because man's anger does not bring about
the righteous life that God desires."
--James 1:19

Lord, in your abounding love, help me. Amen.

No comments: